By Steph ~ Well Being Motivator
Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn!
It’s crazy to think how quick the year has gone by, now the leaves are turning crisp shades of red, yellow and orange and it’s time to bring out the capes and ponchos we had long forgotten about. It is possible to stay warm, stay healthy and look fabulous all at the same time!
Check out some of these finds that I’ve put together for you. Move over Summer, Autumn is the new fashionable season.
- Check Faux Fur Trim Poncho – £35 (ACCESSORIZE
- Flora Pocket Cape Cardigan – £18 (BOOHOO)
- Khaki Fringed Poncho – £19.99 (NEW LOOK)
- ASOS Cape With Faux Fur Lapel Collar – £40 (ASOS)
* Fun Fact: Woollen garments are ideal for those transitional months as they help you to keep you warm during colder temperatures but cooler when the sun is still shining.
- Khaki Soft Trench Coat – £55 (MISS SSELFRIDGE)
- Military Trench Coat – £59 (TOPSHOP)
- Grey Contrast Belted Coat – £69 (JANE NORMAN)
* Top Tip – While there is no scientific health benefit to wearing a trench coat, other than to keep you warm, you can’t go wrong with one. They are timeless, versatile and a wardrobe staple that will quite literally go with just about anything. This style has been around since WW1 and it will still be around for plenty more years to come. You’d be a fool not to invest in one!
- Pieces Wide Brim Wool Fedora – £26 (ASOS)
- Wide Brim Wool Hat – £16 (FOREVER21)
- Lipsy Knitted Pom Pom Hat – £14 (NEXT)
- Double Pom Beanie Hat – £10 (MISSGUIDED)
* Fun fact: Hats are a good way to regulate your body temperature through the colder seasons as we tend to lose a lot of heat through our head. It’s not just a fashionable item but also a very practical one too
- 5 Ways to stay healthy this winter, NHS
- Health benefits of wearing a hat – WeB Advice
- 6 advantages of wearing woollen clothes – Estilio Tendances
* Top Tip – Don’t forget to stock up on your fruits and veggies over the colder months, we wouldn’t want you catching a cold!
STEPH SAYS: – “Personally I like to start the day with a good breakfast, usually a bowl of wholegrain cereal or porridge. I follow it up with a side of supplements; Vitamin C, Cod Liver Oil (good for the heart & brain, also available in tablets suitable for vegans) and lastly Bee Propolis (great for the immune system this time of year). Then I feel ready and good to go!”