By Sophie ~ Bargain Hunter
Hi Stylists! I Hope you’re keeping warm in this frosty weather, not that I’m complaining, I LOVE it!
This post is all about making your Outfit of the Day look more expensive than it is with some IN-expensive accessories. No accessory I’ve included in this post costs above £15.00, as I believe in getting more for your money (which also means more money for Christmas!)
You’ll get doubly-good value because these accessories can be used in countless ways with countless outfits, so let your imagination run wild!
For a real high-fashion look, layer an open crisp white shirt over a roll neck jumper. Tuck the shirt and jumper into a waist-cinching skirt or pair of trousers for a super stylish but warm office look.
A thrifty DIY opportunity – buttons! Add personal detail to a coat or jacket with your own buttons. the cost of this will depend on how many buttons you need.
1. This Long Sleeve Shirt is a smart beauty from Vila@ASOS for only £13.00.
2. I found these Iridescent Rhinestone Buttons for only 62p each on Etsy.
Brooches are something I’d never considered until recently, when I saw blogger Megan Ellaby jazzing up her denim dungarees with a selection of brooches!
I’m in love with the pins & patches trend to add a little interesting touch to accessories, I’ve found Forever 21 to be the absolute BEST place to stock up on pins.
3. I’ve found this Crystal Diamante Leaf Brooch on New Look‘s website for only £4.99. What an little understated beauty.
4. This adorable little graphic Speech Bubble Pin Set would add an interesting element to a bag and comes in at only £4.99 from Forever21.
These babe’in culottes are a super-luxe material and can be dressed up with heels or down with some trusty sneakers. Culottes are one of those trends that looks hard to master but I’m planning on buying into it, as it’s here to stay and they look SO COMFY.
OTK (over-the-knee) boots made a big impact on current trends at the end of Summer, and now the weather is getting colder, it looks as if they’re here to stay.
5. This Grey pair of Slinky Culottes are a steal at only £15.00 from MISSGUIDED.
6. These Public Desire, burnt orange Faux Suede Over the Knee Boots SCREAM Autumn statement boots! At only £14.99 you’d be mad to miss out on them.
Seventies detailing has been everywhere this summer, but the Boho vibes are set to continue this A/W. This sequin statement neck-tie scarf will instantly jazz up any look!
A belt over a coat, cardigan or even your whole outfit will add a little something different to your look and it will create a lovely silhouette.7. I think this ACCESSORIZE scarf would look amazing teamed with an open boho blouse and a pair of trusty denim jeans – at £15.00 this Chevron Sequin Scarf is a steal for something so beautifully embellished.
8. I found this absolute BARGAIN on PrettyLittleThing.com. With metallic and nautical detailing (both huge for AW16) you can get this Adrial Gold Waist Belt for only £6.00!
Hope you guys like my suggestions, and as always I would love to hear your ideas and things you’re loving at the moment – let me know!
So what are you waiting for… go PIMP that OOTD!